More than 4 million people live in the amazing state of Alabama. Here are 10 signs that "The Heart of Dixie" is the place you call home...
1. At some point, you’ve eaten your BBQ with white sauce.
2. You plan weddings around college football schedules.
3. You know there is not a singular version of the words “grits” and “y’all.”
4. You've been mooned by Vulcan, the world’s largest cast iron statue.
5. You’ve woken up to the sound of tornado sirens.
6. When you go to the beach, it's implied they're either going to Gulf Shores or across the state line to PCB.
7. Every soft drink is a "Coke" and sweet tea is so popular that "tea" is considered the state flower.
8. You rock out when you hear the first strains of Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Sweet Home Alabama" - because you have to.
9. Your grandparents have special names such as Meemaw, Peepaw, Nanna and Pop Pop.
10. If there is even a mention of a snowflake, you head straight to the Piggly Wiggly for bread and milk.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
In 2011, Beth Donaldson, mother of two and wife of a police SWAT officer, was busy with work and the day-to-day life of raising two children. But when she was diagnosed with MS at 40, she dedicated herself to making a difference. Now she and her husband Mike run Living MS and are launching a charity bike ride to benefit MS awareness and research.