by Hannah Berner
More than 735,000 people live in the big and beautiful state of Alaska. Here are 10 signs that "The Last Frontier" is the place you call home...
1. You can correctly pronounce Valdez, Knik, Juneau, and Kotzebue.
2. You pretty pissed when people ask you if Alaska is an island or part of Mexico, Canada, or Russia.
3. At the Alaska State Fair, you know all about the spicy Reindeer Polish Sausage Dog and fresh Prince William Sound Oysters.
4. Driving over permafrost grooves and potholes is actually kind of comforting.
5. You refer to Lower-48ers as foreigners. You know what a Lower-48er is.
6. You’ve had at least one dangerous wild animal in your garage... Or a moose.
7. You start preparing for winter in July and you wear fleece, wool and down all year round.
8. The word “vacation” normally means means Hawaii or Mexico.
9. You know what authentic fresh wild Alaskan sockeye, silver, king salmon, and halibut tastes like.
10. You get overly excited whenever you hear that the Lights are out.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
by Alyssa DeSio
Here at The Home T we are all about looking on the bright side, but sometimes there are days when it feels like just about everything can go wrong. Here are 5 easy ways to be more positive...
by Hannah Berner 1 Comment